Monday, December 22, 2008

Time 4 Learning - Final Review

As I mentioned in my first post for Time 4 Learning, it is a website/service meant to be used as a tutor or supplement for schools and homeschools. They primarily have reading and math sections but have also included some science and social studies. I am happy to say that the more we used this program, the more we liked it. The amount of reading and math activities seemed endless and it was very easy to navigate moving from one topic to another.

It was the most valuable for us for our four and six year olds. There were many education things that I could turn them loose on while I schooled the older kids. At $19.95 per month for the first child and $14.95 for each additional child, this program would be cost prohibitive for us. But they do have another option of a one time $169.95 annual payment making this program more affordable for a family.

To me, Time 4 Learning is not a stand alone program but does a great job of supporting core curriculum in a fun way. I particularly like the comprehension section that my third grader worked on. I felt that it really made her think, asking her questions and highlighting sentences in passages helping her to get more out of what she reading.

One caution would be to keep an eye on where your child is at in the program. In the beginning it can be easy for them to get into the wrong section and skip ahead until you are used to the program.

The program has online lesson plans so the parent can schedule what they would like their child to work on. Add to that printable worksheets, progress reports on quizzes taken and fun educational games and you have a great supplemental program. Hop on over to Time 4 Learning and see what they have to offer you.

No comments: