Thursday, December 18, 2008

Spears Art Studio

We received the Spears Art Studio art curriculum on CD a couple of months ago. Not being an art fanatic myself I was glad to have the opportunity to review this one. I have a 10 year old daughter that is very much an artist in the making and the rest of the kids love projects. I am not very good at coming up with things to do on our own and I was not disappointed with what I found.

The CD has a table of contents on it with a schedule including appropriate activities depending on the time of year. We started out making the Noah's Ark wall, which my children have enjoyed very much. The art projects are rich with biblical scripture and stories making it feel at times that we were doing a Bible curriculum with art projects instead of the other way around. This was a big positive for me.

Most of the projects require simple craft supplies that a homeschool would have on hand. This was important to me as I don't have oodles of time to search for supplies each week. I am sure many homeschoolers can relate to that.

I love that I can choose a topic or season and have art projects at my finger tips. We will be enjoying more of these as we take our holiday break but are looking for things to occupy our time together.

At $40, I believe that this resource is a valuable one and worth the investment.

No comments: