Thursday, March 5, 2009

Heads Up!








I love, love, love this company called Heads Up! and I would like to tell you about them. If you have a special needs kiddo with any need be it ADD, sensory processing, getting distracted easily, staying focused etc, this company may be for you. They have many learning tools to make learning an easier, more enjoyable experience for your child.

I received an envelope from them and in it was the reading frames that you see pictured above. I was a little confused about what they were for so I read the information that was sent along with them. They are great! I have two kids who get a little overwhelmed by too many things on one page and they spend time trying to find where they left off. These frames are perfect for them. You place the colored frame over the area you are working on and as you do your work you never lose your place. The frames are available in many colors. I was interested to find out the reason for all of the colors is that each person will see differently through various colors. I tried this out and it's true! I much rather would use the blue frame over the other colors.


Also in the envelope were these reading strips that you see below. They are also available in several colors as well as clear. I do believe that I love these the best. When I got them I wanted my son to try them out. It was then that he told me for the first time that reading has not been so enjoyable to him because he is always skipping lines and losing his place. He then has to start the passage over again. These readers are the perfect solution to that problem.



The last thing we received was this reader strip you see below. It is a color in the middle with two strips of grey, one on top and one below. This strip makes it very easy to keep your place while reading and works double time as a bookmark between reading sessions. At $1 each for the frames and reading strips they are all affordable and a great value.





Heads Up! has so many learning tools and their catalog is on my shelf as one of my favorites. Whatever learning challenges you may have, click no the link and see if Heads Up! might have something to help you overcome those challenges.

1 comment:

The Six Sohn's said...

These are really cool! We have wanted to have Chase try different colors due to his Dyslexia and finding something that isn't a arm and a leg is hard :) I think I need to have Chase check these out :) Thanks for the info!