Wednesday, January 28, 2009

All About Homophones from All About Spelling

All About Spelling has done it again and I so impressed. The All About Homophones is a book available as either an e-book or a softcover version for those of you like me who like to have the book in your hands.

Homophones are those pesky words in the English language that sound alike, are spelled differently and mean very different things. Words like to, two and too or hey and hay. Teaching them also can be a bit tedious and the ordinary worksheet approach isn't always the most engaging. They are important to teach, however, and here is Marie Rippel to the rescue.

The book is 240 pages long and intended to creatively teach students grades 1-8. Wow! 240 pages. I do like that when I am ready for the next section I can just go to my computer and print out the pages I need. I also found the worksheets to be interesting but without too much fluff that would overwhelm a couple of my students. The book also includes crossword puzzles using the learned homophones. I particlurly like this feature as I have a few kids that love crossword puzzles.

The softcover book is $29.95 and the e-book is $27.95. Right now until next Monday, Feb 2, use the code FUN in the customer checkout to get $10 off. That would make the All About Homophones e-book just $17.95 or the softcover for $19.95. I think it's worth it and a great way to teach an important concept for a very good price. Check out the book at All About Homophones for more information.

No comments: