Monday, November 10, 2008

Merry Christmas...almost.

Are you counting the days to Christmas? There are only 45 days away until the day arrives. Can you believe that? It sneaks up on me every year but this year I don't feel as blind sided.

I was given the opportunity to review a very cute nativity set by One 2 Believe. We already have a nativity set that we love. We set it out with care every year and it is only to be enjoyed from afar. Something that is very hard for little hands to leave alone. This set is different in that it is the perfect nativity set for your children. It is made for children and meant to be played with. From the moment I opened the box, my children couldn't wait to play with it.

It has 17 different pieces including the characters you would expect plus the creche. It also came with a small story booklet about Baby Jesus. After several playing sessions with my children, it has held up well. They are able to tell the story and play with the characters, making the story come alive.

There are some small parts such as the star that could come off and so I agree with the manufacturers recommendation that it is for children over 3 years of age. Also, while my 8, 6 year old and 4 year olds enjoyed the set, my 10 year old twins felt that it was a bit young for them.

This is very nice, complete set that is a great way for children to become more familiar with the Christmas story in a tangible way. Visit One 2 Believe to see other play products they offer.

No comments: