Monday, February 16, 2009

Knowledge Quest - Homeschooling ABC's

This is my first full year homeschooling all of my children. When given the opportunity to try out the Homeschooling ABC's class from Knowledge Quest starting last fall I was thrilled. The timing could not have been more perfect. It can be overwhelming when you first get started. What curriculum do I choose? How much is enough? How much is too little? Am I teaching everything that I should be? Where do I even start? All of these questions are normal and ones worth asking.

Terri Johnson at Knowledge Quest has created an online course called Homeschooling ABC's and it has 26 lessons. You receive an email once per week with a link to your lesson for the week for 6 months. At $10 per month you are only paying $2.30 per lesson. What a great deal! Really this has been a blessing to me as I try to figure out how schooling at home will look for us. It is really a step by step process, going through the basics of what you need to get started. There is even a lesson about what to do with your perschool and Kindergarten age children. This was very helpful to me as I have a busy 4 year old that I need to school around.

If you are person who is thinking about home educating, someone who has just begun or even someone who would like to get back to basics then this class is for you. I loved that I could take these lesson upstairs on my laptop and read them when my kids were in bed. Transitioning kids from public school to home educating can be difficult. They are used to a certain way of doing things and Terri walks you through helping you transition with your child. The classes address things such as buying and selling curriculum, discovering your child's learning style, staying organized, teaching multiple ages and much more.

I appreciated the advice and information that Terri provides in these lessons. There are very few things more important than your child's education. These lessons are a great way to set you and your children up for a successful homeschooling experience.

No comments: